While trying to reduce the number of unread items in Google Reader to a sub-200 number, I came across AgileJoe‘s post, “Curious, What does your day look like?”
Well, here’s my typical day:
- 5:00AM: Wake up! I sleep with my alarm clock under my pillow so as to not wake up anyone else in the house.
- 5:45AM: Showered and dressed (I get my stuff ready the night before to avoid turning on lights and making too much noise), I get in my car and drive to work.
- ~7:00AM: Arrive at work. (Yes, the drive takes between 60 and 75 minutes.)
- 7:00AM to 4:00PM: Work work work (I rarely get out at my scheduled 3:00PM).
- 4:00PM: Drive home, hoping for the best.
- 5:30PM: Get home (usually 60-90 minutes getting home) and spend time with my family.
- 6:30PM: Dinner!
- 7:30PM: Give my daughter a bath (I refuse to let anyone else do it whenever I’m home).
- 8:30PM: Daughter gets ready for bed, and I read her books, tell her a story, sing her a song, and turn out the lights.
- by 9:30PM: Finally able to settle down and do my own thing, which usually entails working on CSFBL, doing some side work, or playing a little World of Warcraft.
- 11:00PM (or so): Go to bed. Rarely earlier, sometimes later (like last night, when I went to bed at 11:45PM).
And yes, your math is correct: I get between 5 and 6 hours sleep a night.
One thought on “A day in the life (of me)”
Just do your job and love it! Ha ha nah, I’m shocked to read the breakdown.