A few days ago, I wrote a lengthy post on the official ASP.Net forums where I discussed some thoughts on a new version of the CSS-friendly ASP.Net control adapters. In the post, I outlined some new approaches to improve testability and configuration.
Since that post (written on the evening of Sept 16), there have been no replies, which leads me to consider a few possible realities…
- No one reads the ASP.Net forums. (Not true; the post was read at least 79 times, as of this writing.)
- No one posts on the ASP.Net forums. (Not true; other posts were written since my post.)
- No one uses the CSS Friendly adapters. (Not true; they have been downloaded over 1,800 times in the last week, according to CodePlex — making it the 14th most popular CodePlex project in that time.)
- No one cares about rewriting them.
- No one who cares about rewriting them reads the ASP.Net forums.
OK, so either no one cares about improving on what we currently have, or no one who cares saw my post. Which is it? Do you use the CSS adapters? Would you use them if they were improved?